OWA 2000 Requests Multiple Logins
Martyn Hudson
2009-10-20 18:52:05 UTC
Hello all. We have a SBS 2000 with SP4, Exchange 2000 with SP3. OWA has
always been accessible internally - users dont need to log in. It's done
automatically. Problem is accessing OWA remotely via the internet (non ssl).

OWA keeps prompting for UN / PW / Domain and despite entering the correct
credentials, still prompts until several attempts.... it part loads. Clicking
on anything means your prompted for credentials again. Pulling hair out!

Microsoft KB 327349 has been checked and we were already doing what it
suggests in ISA 2000. This sounds like an ISA issue. Can anyone help?
Martyn Hudson
SuperGumby [SBS MVP]
2009-10-20 21:42:29 UTC
it's common for the red X's so don't chase a red herring there. The problem
stems fromk the fact that Exchange isn't fully started as IIS starts, so the
virtual folders pointed to do not exist at IIS startup. Normally, if you
stop and start the default site while Exch is running and refresh your view
in IIS manager the folders appear normal.

Not sure why your problem is occuring but chech as per above to see if the
folders lose those crosses.
Martyn Hudson
2009-10-21 08:13:01 UTC
I have been looking into this a little more and have noted the following;

When users access OWA using a direct connection, ie from home etc.... there
is no issue. When users access OWA from another network through another ISA
server... ie ISA - internet - Our network, the problem is only present then.
This would lead me to believe the issue sits with how the other company's ISA
server is configured ?

I have double checked our port forwarding from the Cisco router to the SBS,
we have SMTP 25, HHTP 80, SSL 443, PPTP 1723, RDP 3389. Anything missing here
?
.