Folder Properties
PK
2009-02-12 05:46:00 UTC

It is very strange as I am unabe to open(shared or non-shared) any of the
server folder properties (but able to open file properties) within the server
(sbs2000).
Recently I have not installed any application or services on my server.

Pls can some one guide me what could be wrong?

Rgds
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
2009-02-12 12:31:00 UTC
Have you rebooted the server?
What 3rd party software do you have installed (firewalls, antivirus, etc.)?
Any errors in the event logs?
Any services hung or not starting?
--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================
Hi,
Rgds
PK
2009-02-15 04:00:01 UTC
Yes, I restarted the server several times, still no luck, I used to get a
shared folder error atleast once in two week(unable to communicate to server)
this error bypasses after the restart. Symantec Corporation Edition Antivirus
Client running on the server plus a hardware firewall aswell. I used to get a
service failed error but that is related to Scan To User programs(Scan
Router) there is no other event view logs related to shared folder error.

Pls help

In addition to Mr.Duncan McC's reply - we have 3 HDDs with RAID , how can I
schedule that chkdsk /f while on restart

Rgds
Anver
Post by Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
Have you rebooted the server?
What 3rd party software do you have installed (firewalls, antivirus, etc.)?
Any errors in the event logs?
Any services hung or not starting?
--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================
Hi,
Rgds
Duncan McC
2009-02-15 12:38:34 UTC
You can checkdisk all the server drives, if they're h/w RAID it'll be
just fine - say you have C: and D: (RAID arrays) and E:, a std IDE or
SATA drive - you could checkdisk them all...

from a command prompt (one way):
chkdsk c: /f
chkdsk d: /f
chkdsk e: /f

The answers *I* use for locked (OS) drives and others that might pose
questions, are:
Y - yes to run the checkdisk on next reboot
N - no to dismount a drive (and normally followed by a 'Y'es when
followed by the next question (to run on next reboot)).

Regardless of h/w or s/w RAID arrays - you should have no problem check
disking them.
--
Duncan
Post by Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
Have you rebooted the server?
What 3rd party software do you have installed (firewalls, antivirus, etc.)?
Any errors in the event logs?
Any services hung or not starting?
--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================
Hi,
Rgds
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
2009-02-15 16:39:31 UTC
If you start in Safe Mode, does the problem persist?
--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================
Post by Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
Have you rebooted the server?
What 3rd party software do you have installed (firewalls, antivirus, etc.)?
Any errors in the event logs?
Any services hung or not starting?
--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================
Hi,
Rgds
Duncan McC
2009-02-13 03:37:20 UTC
Post by PK
Hi,
It is very strange as I am unabe to open(shared or non-shared) any of the
server folder properties (but able to open file properties) within the server
(sbs2000).
Recently I have not installed any application or services on my server.
Pls can some one guide me what could be wrong?
In addition to Merv's comments, what about scheduling a chkdsk /f of the
drives when you do a reboot. (ie could be some disk corruption).
--
Duncan