migrating from sbs 2000 to sbs 2008
Sal
2009-04-10 19:28:10 UTC
Hi name is Salvador,

migrating server sbs 2000 to sbs 2008 any links on the how to's will be
appreciated also i read some about this upgrade and is true that we dont have
to buy user licenses that they carry over if you buy a sbs 2008 before may of
this year?

thanks any help is appreciated

salvador gil
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
2009-04-10 21:47:51 UTC
Unfortunately there is no truth regarding the Client Access licenses
And there are no migration tools to assist you in going from SBS 2000 to SBS 20038
Depending on the number of users in your current network, it may be considerably easier to start over and just migrate mail and data.
--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed

salvador gil
Darcy
2009-05-20 20:47:01 UTC
Unless you have maintained a Software Assurance subscription for your
licenses for SBS2000 and the CAL's, you will need new licensing.

This document describes how to migrate from SBS2000 to SBS2008 Premium
edition.
Migrating Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 to Windows Small Business
Server 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=52B7EA63-78AF-4A96-811E-284F5C1DE13B&displaylang=en

That's all I know. Good luck.