Problem accessing a SATA drive through the network
glaydepfs
2008-08-06 19:26:01 UTC
I installed a SATA drive on a workstation as drive D (secondary drive),
formated it NTFS, shared it, and it works fine on the workstation, can access
the network - win server 2003 - copy files, access any other workstation. I
can see both drive C (an IDE drive - master) & D. When I try to access drive
C or the SATA drive from another workstation or the server, I get an error
message that it is accessable and "not enough server storage is available to
process this command". If I unplug the SATA drive, then I can access drive C
without any problem. I installed the operating system on the SATA drive and
have it as a stand alone drive and same issues. It all seems to revolve
around the SATA drive. Seagate says because it works fine on the machine, it
is not a hard drive problem but a network problem.

Anyone have any ideas?
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
2008-08-06 23:51:25 UTC
Maybe some insight in this thread:

USB Hard Drive Share Failure
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/6631588b20a030be/f2a82bd1a4e5b240?hl=en&lnk=st&q=sata+not+enough+server+storage+is+available+to+process+this+command#f2a82bd1a4e5b240
--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]