unable to access FTP site unless member of admins group...
Brad Pears
2009-01-28 16:43:28 UTC
I have a windwos 2000 SBS on which I have configured a "read only" FTP site.
The FTP site home directory is located on the same server in e:\ftpfiles.

Access to this folder is specified as domain admins (full access) and
everyone (read only).

All users can access and view the folder contents internally using the share
\\true3\ftpfiles with no problems. However, accessing it externally (i.e.
using "ftp.companyname.com") only allows an administrator to login and
access the files. I have a username set up called "ftpuser" that I want all
of our sales and dealers to use when accessing the site remotely. However,
using this username, we are unable to log on to the site. If I make this
user (ftpuser) a member of the domain admins group I can log on no probs!!!
I even specifically added
ftpuser" to the ACL for the ftpfiles folder and gave full access - still
unable to log in!!

What should I be looking for? The folder rights appear to be just fine...

Thanks,

Brad
Duncan McC
2009-01-28 21:51:44 UTC
Post by Brad Pears
[...]
IMO, you'd be better posting your Q to an appropriate IIS group. What's
SBS 2000? - IIS 5? - see if you can find a relevant group.
--
Duncan