installing gateway service for netware
wrytat
2008-12-11 04:06:00 UTC
hi,

I'd like to install gateway service for netware for my server, but I can't
find the service from the list of services. It used to be there, but now I
don't know what happen, the option is not listed anymore for selection. What
can I do to get back the option so that I can install the service? Please
help. Thank you.
Cris Hanna [SBS MVP]
2008-12-11 04:34:38 UTC
What version of SBS are you running? 2000?
--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
Co-Author, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
help. Thank you.
wrytat
2008-12-11 04:52:01 UTC
yes, i'm using 2000. just a moment ago, i removed NWLink IPX?SPX entry, and
in the end, everything disappeared. Even TCP/IP too. Now I only have the
adapter left. I tried installing back, but there's nothing available in the
list for me to select...

Please advise whether I should restart the server or not, because I'm
worried that after the system reboot, the network will be down, and I can't
add the TCP/IP anymore just like what happened to the Gateway Service...
help. Thank you.
Cris Hanna [SBS MVP]
help. Thank you.
wrytat
2008-12-11 06:57:01 UTC
The network properties now only left with 3 entries,
-Client for Microsoft Networks
-QoS Packet Scheduler
-File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

If I click on the Install button to add a service, client or protocol, it
will prompt me an error message, "Could not add the requested component. The
system cannot find the file specified."

Please advise... Thank you.
help. Thank you.
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
2008-12-11 15:44:54 UTC
Well I'm not sure where to tell you to go from here. Since you wanted GSNW, not sure why you removed IPX/SPX to begin with
Do you have Verifiable backups?
This might be a restore situation.

Since I'm not there to do in person support, I'm hesitant to tell you to reboot.
This article may be of some help
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5033919.html
--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
Co-Author, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/0672329573/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217269967&sr=8-1
Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
A Microsoft Registered Partner