Is it SBS 2000 or not? Can't Tell.
Joe Letter
2008-04-29 20:48:28 UTC
What is the best way to tell if a system is running SBS2k or not? I was
recently at a customer site and noticed that the Ctrl-alt-del screen and the
start button said server 2000. So I was sure it was running plain 'ol
server 2000. But I noticed the sbs2k console was installed, I ran it and
it came up fine. I looked in the add remove programs and it had small
business server listed. How can I definitively tell what is running on
this server, and why am I getting mixed indications?

Thanks a billion,
Joe.
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
2008-04-29 21:59:48 UTC
Hi Joe,

What you saw with CTRL-ALT-DEL (says Server 2000) is normal. If the SBS
Administrator Console is installed, the only way to get it is to have SBS
2000 installed. The Add/Remove Programs entry is also another good
indicator.
--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
Joe.