Email FROM One Recipient not being delivered to us
brainey
2008-12-04 15:30:01 UTC
I use Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 along with Small Business Server 2000
(which includes ISA Server 2000). I am hosting my email for my domain
through Exchange Server. We have a customer whose email never shows up in
our organization. Actually, he can send from two different email addresses
with different domains and neither show up. He can successfully send to my
Gmail account, but we never receive his emails at our domain. I have checked
my antivirus program and it is not blocking it as spam. I have even
whitelisted the email addresses in our antivirus program (Server version of
TrendMicro), but to no avail. I have checked for his email within Exchange
Server, but cannot find anything.

I presume that this particular email is being blocked somewhere in my Small
Business Server, but I cannot find any settings that would be blocking it.
Do you have any suggestions of where to look? Can I whitelist this email
address somewhere in Exchange Server 2000?
James Yeomans BSc, MCSE
2008-12-18 15:55:01 UTC
Ask the user to try sending you an email via telnet using smtp commands, then
you can see exactly where in the chain the problem lies: Its a very good way
to trouble shoot mailflow:
http://www.yuki-onna.co.uk/email/smtp.html

JAmes.
--