SBS 2000 and Iphone (which is best way to check mail.)
Joe SoandSo
2009-03-03 23:53:15 UTC
I know this news group doesn't get much activity, so any help would be
greatly appreciated!
I am managing a sbs2000 server on a low budget (no budget). How can I best
check email from the Iphone?

The way I understand it I have a bunch of options:

owa - not sure if supported well on sbs2000
pop - the user's mail box is about 1 gig, will this be a problem?
imap - what would I have to do for this?
other's - will any others work with sbs2000?

Thanks so much!
Joe.
SuperGumby [SBS MVP]
2009-03-04 00:03:46 UTC
Exchange 2000 does not support ActiveSync (you need an additional server
with Exchange Mobile Server[not sure on name, pretty close]) so POP or MAPI
are your only alternatives.

Of the two IMAP is more robust. Exchange IMAP service must be running (I
think it's disabled on 2000, just enable it) and if you have ISA it must be
told to allow IMAP (or POP, if you go that route).
--
SBS remote support services. (Fees apply)
mickm at mickmalloy dot dyndns dot org
Joe.
Joe SoandSo
2009-03-04 18:05:20 UTC
Thanks very much for your quick reply!

Do you suppose that users 1+gig mailbox size would pose a problem for either
POP or IMAP on the Iphone?

Thanks again!
Great Help.