SBS 2k CAL and SQL License
airbornz
2009-06-25 23:53:01 UTC
I have an old SBS 2000 box with SQL 2000 installed, for which I have CALs.
On SQL, I want to deploy a browser-based timesheet application, using SQL as
it's back end.

So,
a. Do I have the right to install and run SQL, and
b. Do the SBS CALs also cover users accessing the SQL DB?

TIA
Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]
2009-06-26 09:16:51 UTC

If SBS 2000 is fully installed, SQL will have been installed. The SBS 2000
CALs do cover everything on the SBS 2000 box, including the SQL that is
installed on the SBS box.
You are not allowed to install SQL from the SBS media on any other server
than the SBS box.
--
Regards,

Marina Roos