Changing Administrator Password
Chris Sims
2009-02-12 20:49:46 UTC
I have to change the administrator accont password. I did so in the active
directory users and computers console.

I could log in to the server as administrator afterwards with no problem,
but could not log on to to a work station - all I got was a password prompt
for the domain which would not clear on typing the correct new password.

Could anyone advise if I am missing something here?

Thanks for any help

Chris
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
2009-02-14 04:04:25 UTC
Been a long time since I worked with 2000
But in the SBS Console when you click on Administrator account, does it give you a link to change password there?
--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
Co-Author, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed

Chris
Larry Struckmeyer [SBS-MVP]
2009-02-14 12:50:18 UTC
SWAG!

Could the domain admin have been added to the workstatons as a local admin?
If so, is there a chached password for the domain admin? Look at local uses
from control panel on the workstation and if domain admin has been inserted
there try changing that pw as well.
--
Larry
Please post the resolution to your