Using 2000 Server CD to fix SBS 2000
Michael
2008-07-23 15:39:25 UTC
We've recently acquired another business and it's server which is running SBS
2000 w/ IIS 5.0 and Exchange 5.0. They have a corrupted metabase and I need
to reinstall IIS and/or Exchange. We cannot locate the SBS 2000 CD which I
think may also include Exchange.

Can I use a regular 2000 Server CD to reinstall IIS 5.0 or do I actually
need a SBS 2000 CD? Can I also just locate an Exchange 5.0 CD to
reinstall/repair?

I am totally unfamiliar with SBS.

thanks

Michael
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
2008-07-23 18:36:31 UTC
No you can't...there are multiple CDs for SBS 2000. I believe Exchange was on CD 2

What is it that's not working exactly?
--
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
Microsoft MVPs