Trend OfficeScan 3.5 uninstallation problem
mark
2003-11-03 07:52:46 UTC
Hi Merv and others,

Thank you for your advice. It was near but didn't solve my problem.
You see, the thing is that my laptop was in the university's network
where this antivirus Trend Officescan was also installed. Now I am not
in the uni's network anymore and therefore unable to locate the
Autopcc.exe file. Is there another way to uninstall this program? Any
advices would be welcomed. Thank you so much in advance!

Best regard,s

Mark

Solution 7176

Title: The "Uninstall information error (ofscan.ini)uninstallation
aborted" message appears during installation of OfficeScan 3.5x.

Problem: When trying to unistall OfficeScan 3.5x, the following
message appears"

"Uninstall information error (ofscan.ini)uninstallation aborted"

Solution: The above mentioned message appears when an OfficeScan
3.5x client workstation fails to find the installation information
from the ofscan.ini file found under the \WINNT directory or the file
in ofscan.ini does not exist.

Resolve this issue by performing the following steps:

1. Rename the ofcscan.ini under \WINNT directory.

2. In the Windows Network Neighborhood, look for the
\\officescan_server\officescanshare\ folder and then execute
Autopcc.exe.

3. The OfficeScan client will download the new ofcscan.ini from the
server.

The OfficeScan client will be uninstalled with no issues.

Product: OfficeScan Corporate Edition

Version: 3.5x

Created: 10/31/2000 5:31:52 AM

HI,

I am puzzled with this Trend OfficeScan 3.5. I am trying to uninstall
it but the uninstallation program returns only following strings.

"Unistall information error (ofcscan.ini). BUnistallation aborted.
" Unable to get unistall information. Please contact the administrator
for details. Unistallation aborted"

Please if someone could help me with this. I have even tried to
uninstall through safety mode but not been able to do it even there. I
am using XP.

Thank you so much in advance.

Mark
Lähetä vastaus tähän viestiin

Viesti 2 ketjussa
Lähettäjä:Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] (***@hotmail.com_no_spam)
Aihe:Re: HELP - trend officescan uninstallation

View this article only
Keskusteluryhmät:microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
Päivämäärä:2003-11-01 17:48:51 PST

Is this any help...

http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=7176
--
Merv Porter [SBS MVP]
===================================
Mark
mark
2003-11-03 13:32:09 UTC
Hello,

Sorry to bother people. But I found finally the solution! Thank you
Merv for guiding me to the database where I could find this.

Here's the manual installation:

http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=3840

Best regards,

Mark